Warm Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Recipe by Girli Chef
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Village Harvest Red Quinoa
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
to serve (all approximate – adjust to taste):
- 1 cup milk (dairy or almond)
- 2 small bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup toasted coconut chips or flakes
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- Bring water to a boil, then whisk in the quinoa and salt; return to a boil. Lower the heat to a gentle simmer and cook, stirring often, until quinoa is tender and fluffy, 15-17 minutes. Let quinoa sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Divide quinoa into 4 separate bowls. Pour milk over the quinoa, then top with the remaining ingredients. Enjoy immediately.