Quinoa Pumpkin Porridge
Recipe from Detoxinista.com
- 1 cup dry quinoa, soaked in water for up to 24 hours
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 3 to 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Cover the dry quinoa with water and allow it to sit and soak on the counter for at least one hour. You are welcome to soak the quinoa longer, even overnight or up to 24 hours, but in that case you’ll want to store the soaking quinoa in the fridge. Drain the soaked quinoa and rinse well with fresh water. Place the drained quinoa in a 2-quart saucepan over the stove and add 1¾ cup water. Bring the mixture to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to low, allowing the quinoa to cook for 15 minutes, or until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and maple syrup and adjust the flavors to taste, if necessary. Serve warm!
- For a creamier pudding, replace the water with coconut or almond milk.
- Feel free to replace the maple syrup with any sweetener of your choice, such as honey, coconut nectar, or stevia. Just taste it as you go!