Prosciutto Asparagus Farro
- 1 quart low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup Village Harvest Farro Perlato
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 oz. sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped asparagus, blanched
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- salt and black pepper to taste
Combine chicken broth and Village Harvest Farro Perlato in a medium sized saucepot and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes, then drain in a colander over the sink, transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
While farro is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium sized sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add prosciutto and pine nuts and cook for 1-2 minutes until golden, then mix into farro. Pour remaining oil into pan and stir in onions; continue cooking for 4-6 minutes until lightly browned, then add to farro mixture. Toss in asparagus, basil and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and fresh black pepper to taste. Serve warm or room temperature.