Pineapple Fried Rice
[Khaow Phad Sap-pa-rod]
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/8 cup carrots, diced
- 1/8 cup onion, diced
- 35g ham, diced
- 1 Tbsp raisins
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup pineapple, diced
- 1 cup Village Harvest jasmine rice steamed & cooled
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- Heat oil then stir-fry the chopped garlic until lightly brown. Add carrots and onion until cooked, then add the ham and raisins. Season with sugar and salt.
- Take a medium-sized pineapple, cut in half length-wise and scoop out the fruit. Dice fruit and save the outer shell for later.
- Stir the pineapple and rice into the garlic mixture until well combined. Add spring onion and pepper.
- Spoon the fried rice into the pineapple shell and bake in the oven at 150 C for approximately 5 minutes.