Moroccan-Spiced Black Rice, Farro and Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 12 oz fresh brussels sprouts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 tsp Ras al Hanout
- 1/2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1/2 cup Village Harvest farro, uncooked (about 1 1/2 cup cooked)
- 1/4 cup Village Harvest black rice, uncooked (about 3/4 cup cooked)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp tahini
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp Ras al Hanout
1. In a baking sheet, combine brussels sprouts and olive oil and roast on 350 F for 30-35 minutes or until brussels sprouts are tender. Quarter each brussels sprout.
2. In a small bowl, combine pecans, Ras al Hanout, melted butter and sugar together. Toast mixture until sugar is melted, being carefully not to burn pecans. Cool.
3. Cook farro and black rice separately according to package directions. Rinse each with water.
4. Whisk dressing ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined.
5. In a large bowl, combine the brussels sprouts, pecans, goat cheese, currants, farro and black rice together. Add 4T-7T of dressing to bowl and mix thoroughly.