Farro Bowl with Roasted Vegetables and a Kale Pesto Vinaigrette
Recipe by Joanne Eats Well with Others
For the kale pesto vinaigrette
- 5 oz baby kale
- ¾ cup pecans
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup olive oil
For the salad
- 2 cups Village Harvest Farro Perlato, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½-inch dice
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 5 oz arugula
- To make the pesto, in the bowl of a food processor, combine the kale, pecans, champagne vinegar, and olive oil. Pulse until pureed and well combined. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- For the salad, heat oven to 400F. Toss the cauliflower florets and sweet potato cubes with the olive oil. Spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, or until tender and starting to brown.
- Toss the cooked farro with the roasted veggies, dried cranberries, arugula, and kale pesto vinaigrette. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve warm.