Vegetable Curry Pizza with Basmati Rice Crust
Recipe By The Healthy Home Cook
- 1 cup dry Village Harvest Organic Basmati Rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup gluten free flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- dash of salt
- 1 can (13.5 oz) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp dry curry powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- dash of salt/pepper
- 1 cup yellow onion- chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms- chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper- chopped
- 1 cup sweet potato- chopped
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Fresh parsley
- Bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil, add 1 cup of basmati rice. Lower heat and continue to cook until water is absorbed.
- Once rice is finished, remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large skillet, combine your chopped onion, mushrooms, bell pepper and sweet potato with 1 Tbsp of coconut oil. Saute for about 10 minutes or until your vegetables become slightly tender. (They will continue to cook in the oven.)
- To create the crust, take your cooked rice and combine it with 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/3 cup gluten free flour, 2 eggs, 1 egg white and a dash of salt.
- Stir all the ingredients well and pour the mixture onto a pizza stone or baking sheet. (I used parchment paper as well).
- Flatten the rice mixture on your stone and bake at 400 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.
- To create the sauce, combine 1 can (13.5 oz) unsweetened coconut milk, 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce, 1 Tbsp curry, 1 tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes and a dash of salt/pepper.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- When your crust is finished baking, remove it from your oven.
- Top the crust with about 3-4 tbsp of your curry sauce, add your preferred amount of cooked vegetables and top with another 3-4 tbsp of sauce.
- Place pizza back in oven, and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Once it is finished, remove from oven and top with fresh parsley.