Caramelized Onion and Parmesan Quinoa
Recipe by The Almond Eater
- 1 cup Village Harvest Quinoa
- 1½ cup water
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup spinach, packed
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- Optional: ¼ tsp fresh rosemary
- Cook quinoa with water according to instructions on the package.
- While quinoa is cooking, slice onions into long strips and place in a large skillet over medium heat with the butter and olive oil, stirring occasionally until onions are soft and golden in color.
- Add spinach to skillet with onions, stir.
- Once quinoa is cooked, add to skillet with onions, stir.
- Optional: stir in rosemary at this time. Rosemary adds a unique flavor to the dish, and I happened to like the recipe with and without it.
- Top quinoa with parmesan cheese and enjoy!