Breakfast Frittata With Freekeh, Spinach And Feta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, stems removed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup freekeh
- 8 large eggs, whisked together
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
Warm the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the green onions and cook, stirring occasionally until soft, 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute. Add the spinach and cook, tossing occasionally, until it wilts slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and let cool.
Place the freekeh in a bowl and add 1 cup boiling water and stir together. Let sit 5 minutes.
Preheat an oven to 375F.
In a large bowl, combine the spinach mixture, the freekeh, eggs, mint, dill and feta. Stir together. Pour into an oiled 8 X 8-inch pan and bake in the oven until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 45 minutes.
Cut into squares and serve.