Beef and Quinoa Taco Bowl
Recipe by What the Fork
- 1 C Village Harvest red quinoa
- 1 C water
- 1 C chicken broth or bone broth
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 package gluten free taco seasoning
- 3/4 C water
- diced tomatoes
- sliced jalapeno peppers
- shredded cheddar
- fresh cilantro
- Add the quinoa, water, and chicken broth to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once the quinoa is boiling, cover and lower heat. Boil 15-20 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed.
- While the quinoa is cooking, brown the ground beef over medium heat in a skillet. When the beef is no longer pink, add the taco seasoning* and water and cook on low until the liquid is evaporated.
- To serve, add 1/4 C cooked quinoa and some taco meat to a bowl and top with desired toppings.