Asian Shrimp and Black Rice Salad
By Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- 1 cup Village Harvest Black Rice
- 1 3/4 cup Water
- 1 dash Salt
- 3 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Seed Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Honey
- 1 teaspoon Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, Fresh Grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 1/4 pounds Large Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
- 1 large Mango, Diced
- 2 cups Fresh Pineapple, Diced
- 4 ounces Kale Sprouts or Baby Kale
- 1/2 whole Large Bunch Cilantro, Roughly Chopped
- In a medium size saucepan add black rice, water, and dash of salt.Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5-7 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- To make Asian Vinaigrette: In a jar with a tight fitting lid add rice vinegar, olive oil, sesame seed oil, honey, soy sauce, ginger, and granulated garlic. Shake together until emulsified.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons asian vinaigrette and shrimp. Cook shrimp 2-5 minutes until pink and flip over. Cook on other side until pink. Be careful not to overcook shrimp, shrimp are done when they turn pink on both sides.
- In a large bowl stir together cooked black rice, cooked shrimp, mango, pineapple, kale, cilantro, and drizzle with asian vinaigrette. Toss until well combined.
- Serve salad warm or cold.