By Ciao Florentina
- 2½ tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 6 c vegetable stock, hot + more as needed
- ½ c white wine, dry
- 2 c Village Harvest arborio rice
- 1½ tbsp truffle butter
- 2 tbsp truffle carpaccio or 1 small black truffle , thinly shaved
- ¼ c Italian parsley, minced
- In a large skillet melt the butter and sauté the onion until translucent. Add the risotto rice to the pan and stir to coat in all the butter for a few minutes.
- Add the wine to the skillet and simmer until almost fully evaporated.
- Start adding the hot stock one ladle at a time making sure to cover the rice each time and maintain a constant ripple.
- Repeat the process until the rice is al dente. Remove from heat and add ½ ladle of stock and stir well.
- Place the truffle butter on top of the risotto and cover with a lid. Let the risotto sit covered for 5 minutes without touching it for the butter to melt from the steam.
- Stir the risotto well and add the truffle carpaccio on top making sure to reserve a few truffle slices for garnish.
- Spoon the risotto into bowls and sere garnished with the truffle slices and the minced parsley.