Lemon Dill Rice with Greek Meatballs
One Pot Greek Meatballs with Lemon Dill Rice
By Dinner at the Zoo
- 1 and ¼ pound ground beef (90% lean is best for this recipe)
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 and ½ cups Village Harvest Arborio Rice
- 3 and ½ cups chicken broth
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into ½ inch thick slices
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup fresh dill, minced
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- For the meatballs: Combine all of the meatball ingredients along with 1 tablespoon of water in a bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined. Shape the meat mixture into balls that are 2-3 inches in diameter.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Place the meatballs in the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Pour the chicken broth and rice into the pan, along with ½ teaspoon of kosher salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover the pan and place it in the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the rice has absorbed all the liquid.
- Place the zucchini into the pan, cover and return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes or until zucchini has cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Stir the lemon juice and dill into the rice and place the cherry tomatoes on top. Serve immediately.