In the days of the Ming Dynasty, the Emperors treasured black rice for its delicious, earthy flavor and because they believed it would give them a long and healthy life. Centuries later, scientific evidence indicates that they may have been on to something. Black rice has more antioxidants than blueberries and plenty of iron, vitamins, minerals and fiber. And as for flavor? Your taste buds will agree – black rice is fit for royalty.
- Combine 1 cup of Village Harvest Black Rice with 1¾ cups water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
To prepare in a rice cooker, use same water to rice ratio.
BLACK RICE FACTS
- Also known as Forbidden Rice, Purple Rice, or Longevity Rice
- Village Harvest Black Rice has high levels of antioxidants, even more than blueberries! Find out more here.
- A naturally gluten-free grain
- Village Harvest black rice is non-gmo
- Good source of fiber, which improves digestive health
Find where to buy black rice here