Grown at the base of the Himalayas in India, basmati is long, slender and aromatic. Village Harvest ages its basmati for one year to enhance its natural nutrients and wonderfully nutty flavor. When fully cooked, these grains of rice remain separate and firm, making the rice ideal for side dishes, particularly of Indian and Middle Eastern heritage.
- Rinse 1 cup of Village Harvest Basmati Rice in cold water to remove excess starch. Combine with 1½ cups water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
To prepare in a rice cooker, use same water to rice ratio.
BASMATI RICE FACTS
- Basmati means the “prince of fragrance” or “the perfumed one” because of it’s distinct nutty aroma.
- Basmati rice expands while cooking
- Basmati rice is naturally gluten free
- Village Harvest Basmati is Non-GMO Project Verified
Find where to buy basmati rice here.